Most business owners know that in order to be successful, they’ve got to set goals. But despite this, many business owners don’t actually do it.
Of the business owners that do set them, just like New Year’s resolutions, most don’t follow through.
There’s a whole load of reasons why you don't achieve your goals, typically they are excuses.
When you set big goals, many people feel a sense of overwhelm. Rather like standing at the bottom of a huge mountain, the size of the goal before you, just like the mountain, appears to be enormous.
Instead, let's use 90 day goals to eat the elephant one bite at a time.
If you break a task or goal into smaller chunks, it’s a lot easier to achieve.
Consequently, the most successful way for you to achieve a big goal is rather than creating a plan to tackle your goals for the year, is instead to focus on your goals for the next 90 days.
So, having a goal for the year is great, but being really clear what you’re going to achieve in the next 90 days towards that big goal, makes it much more likely that you’ll achieve it.
What’s more, having a smaller goal over a shorter period makes it much easier to get everybody to move forward at the same time.
Why 90 Day Goals Are Better Than Year Long Ones:
- 90 Day’s isn’t too long
- 90 Day’s isn’t too short either
- Parkinsons Law - work expands to fill the time available for its completion means that if you give yourself a week to complete a two hour task.
- Helps motivate you - you're more likely to stay motivated when you have WINS
- You can reset them quickly
- You aren’t tempted to spread yourself too thinly by trying to achieve too much
Tips To Achieve Your 90 Day Goals:
1. Write them down - 42% more likely to achieve them
2. Keep them visible